Weekly Agenda

Week 1 – January 13-17

• By the end of the day Tuesday, please make sure you’ve reviewed the syllabus and schedule, skimmed through this website, and logged in to Slack at: intermediatecame2714.slack.com

Important: If you have not received an invitation to Slack, please email me immediately at dlfarmer@alaska.edu

• Introduction: Once on Slack you’ll see the channel “Introductions” on the left.   Please introduce yourself by telling us a little about you – where you’re from, why you took the class. What’s important to you? What do you like to read? What are some of your hobbies or interests? Anything you’d like us to know about you. You’ll see my introduction there already. Shoot for 300-500 words.   Due Wednesday, 1/16 by 5:00 PM.
  • Read Chapter 1 in  Writing True
  • Exercise 1 (link here)  – Choose either #1 (Writing Your Name) or #3 (Writing about Place). Due Friday, January 17, by 5:00 PM. (Generally, assignments will be due on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I’m extending this to Friday just because we’re already one day into this week).  This assignment should be emailed to me at dlfarmer@alaska.edu.
  • NOTE: Essay #1 – Memoir Assignment has been posted here:  https://engl377.community.uaf.edu/memoir-assignment/

As you  complete the exercises, think how you might incorporate them into this  assignment #1.